Take the stress out of traveling and let Alamance Arts take care of everything. We plan exciting, informative trips to surrounding museums, historical sites, and more. We would love for you to join us on our next excursion! All you have to do is sign up, relax, and enjoy the ride.
To sign up for a trip:
- Please call 336-226-4495 for reservations or stop by Alamance Arts
- You can pay by cash, check, or Visa / Mastercard / Discover. Make checks payable to: Alamance Arts
- To ensure your seat, payment for trips must be received 1 week prior to departure
- All trips are non-refundable after the final due date
- All trips will depart from the Alamance Arts at 213 S. Main St., Graham, NC 27253
ARTS IN EDUCATION
The arts provide a more comprehensive and insightful education because they invite students to explore the emotional, intuitive, and irrational aspects of life that science is hard pressed to explain." -Charles Fowler
Engaging the minds, hearts, and bodies of participants, the arts are recognized as extremely effective tools for developing cognitive, social, personal and academic competencies. Children who have access to artistic media and instruction learn self-expression, creative problem-solving, tolerance in diversity, and a host of other skills that help improve academic performance, social ease, and workforce preparedness. We believe that practicing creative self-expression is integral to the education of our children.
The Go Live program exposes every 2nd grader from public schools, private schools, and home schools in Alamance County to high quality theater and theater education. First, Alamance Arts offers an orientation workshop for all 2nd grade teachers to introduce them to the performance and its educational components. We then divide all of the classes into groups to see performances at local schools performed by a touring children’s theatre group. Our goal is for the students to have a memorable experience of professional grade theatre. To follow up, we present a theatre workshop that ties in with the performance at each of the schools.
RAMP it Up!
Alamance Arts works with the After School programs in Alamance County to provide enrichment activities once a month for five months to elementary schools in Alamance County for the “RAMP It Up!” program. The activities are meant to encourage individual creativity and the arts. Previous activities have included weaving, pottery, drama, and more. While simply having fun remains a key ingredient, the program also benefits students by nurturing innate creativity; building skills in self expression, communications, problem-solving and group dynamics; and boosting the self-confidence of participants, strengthening their resilience and instilling in them a new enthusiasm about school and their daily involvements. Alamance Arts identifies, contracts with and orients art instructors for the program based on skill and their ability to create a healthy and energizing classroom environment. Interested instructors should contact Alamance Arts during the summer for more information regarding the upcoming school year.
Gallery Talks & Visits
Schedule a field trip to see our current exhibition. We will arrange for a docent tour and exhibition related activities.
FAMILY FUN DAY
Alamance Arts invites you and your children every 3rd Saturday of the month from 10 – 11:30 a.m. for Family Fun Day! We create a variety of crafts and artwork based on a unique theme for each month. We also choose an artist to highlight and create an inspired craft from their artwork. There are also door prizes, face painting and visits by Arty the Mouse, who lives in our big yellow house!
The cost is a mere $3 per family, and walk-ins are encouraged! So tell your friends and bring the family to have a great time at the Captain White House.
The Arts Council and the Family Fun Day Committee provide all the supplies for Family Fun Day. We could not do so without the help of supply donations. We can always use the following items for future projects:
- Glue sticks
- Plastic container tops - all sizes & colors
- 2 liter green bottles
- Children’s door prizes
- CD/DVD cases
- Tempera paint
- Jingle bells
- Construction paper
- Leftover craft or scrapbooking supplies
- Paint stirrers
- Containers for banks - Pringles/Stax, nut, coffee, peanut butter, mayo
HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
Each year Alamance Arts offers scholarships to students planning to further their education in one of the arts disciplines. The four scholarships are awarded in the amount of $500 each. Deadline is May 1st of each year. Download the current application here.
- The Janet Rhyne Andrews Scholarship, awarded for any arts discipline
- The Hazel C. Sellers Scholarship for Visual Arts
- The Sarah H. Rhyne Scholarship for the Performing Arts
- One general Scholarship, awarded for any arts discipline
- A resident of Alamance County
- A high school senior (or equivalent)
- Acceptance or pending acceptance in a college/university or other institution of higher
- learning for the purpose of earning a major degree in an arts discipline (visual, performing or literary arts)